Legal Assistant, Intellectual Property
New York, NY
The Sports Sales Assistant will support the SVP Sports Sales and the VP Sports Marketing & Integration in the Network Sales department in the New York office. The Sales Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties and is integral in providing the highest level of service to ad agencies. The Assistant is charged with communicating changes in the schedule, working with buying agencies to accommodate changes in the advertiser's schedules, monitoring daily commercial trafficking and solving any night of air issues.
• Relieve sales executives of the non-selling service function as required by agencies and clients.
• Receive request for proposals (RFPs), usually by phone from agency buyers and report requested plan to the sales executive.
• Channel the plan requests to the Sales Planning team, Directors and VPs.
• Accept agency requests for plan revisions.
• Once the sale is made, transfer the sales proposal to a computer ''hold'' which freezes CBS inventory until agency recommendation is accepted by the client.
• Convey exact dates and unit cost prices to the agency buyers.
• Use pricing information and correct Nielsen ratings to negotiate make goods and discuss schedule changes.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Excellent MS Office & organizational skills.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Pleasant phone manner.
• Four year college degree highly preferred.
• Interest in Television and Sports a plus.
• Media/ad sales internship experience a plus.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.