CBS News is seeking a Sr. Producer for its newly developed CBS News Confirmed team. Many factors present threats to our credibility and to the trust our audiences place in us. As technology changes at an unprecedented pace, this dedicated team will ensure that the high journalistic standards pioneered by CBS News are upheld.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in developing, producing and writing stories from conception through final delivery. A heightened curiosity about key news-of-the-day topics, especially critical political events, is key!
The duties of a Sr. Producer for the CBS News Confirmed unit will include, but will not be limited to:
• Running the news show daily.
• Planning weekly content, assigning stories to staff, managing workflow, working closely with editorial staff, and reviewing and editing all content, both text and video.
• Monitoring and evaluating a range of performance metrics and devising creative, innovative strategies to improve engagement and build our presence on current and emerging platforms.
• Participating in interdepartmental brainstorms, offering feedback and perspective.
• Degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications or related
• At least 10 years editorial experience dealing with complex stories
• Extensive journalism experience is essential, including a strong background in writing, copy editing, and video production
• Experience working in a control room and outputting shows
• Some management experience, especially working with diverse teams of people
• Experience covering the technology & business sectors
• Ability to multitask and perform at the highest levels under stress and tight deadlines
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to work adaptable hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Strong news judgment and instincts
Hiring Salary Range: $170,000.00 - 190,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56n23-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.