New York, NY
The Senior Producer must be a seasoned journalist and creative thinker with proven short-form documentary experience who can oversee day-to-day production and bring innovative ideas to the digital style of storytelling for our target audience.
• Manage day-to-day production and editorial for multiple producing teams, including developing and implementing overall digital strategy and content.
• Assign stories to staff, manage workflow, review and edit all content including pitches, scripts, and screenings.
• Work closely with broadcast producers and management regarding upcoming stories, ongoing projects, and weekly lineups.
• Monitor and evaluate a range of performance metrics and devise creative, innovative strategies to improve engagement and build our presence on current and emerging platforms.
• Work with CBS's online content division, CBS Interactive, regarding network-wide issues, as well as on data-related matters.
• Develop and coordinate best social media practices for the broadcast.
• Strong editorial judgement.
• 7+ years of journalism experience at a broadcast network, cable or digital news company.
• Strong background in writing, copy editing, and video production.
• Extensive experience with digital content and platforms; must know how to develop creative strategies.
• Proven track record of team management with positive culture.
• Bachelor's degree
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.