Network News Social Media Producer (
CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell is seeking a Social Media Associate Producer, based in either New York City or Washington, DC!
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok, as demonstrated by their active social media profiles and portfolio of work. They need to understand the most current content strategies used by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. They need experience with video production and have a strong understanding of breaking news. An ideal candidate has a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from broadcast content and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets. They should also be comfortable live tweeting breaking news situations, and able and willing to work newsroom hours, which may include holidays. Most of all, the Social Media Associate Producer will be a strong writer with the ability to write concise, shareable social language that is both accurate and true to the Evening News brand.
The duties of the Social Media AP include, but will not be limited to:
• Live tweeting the Evening News broadcast
• Translating Evening News television packages into shorter social videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Using social listening tools to inform social language and imagery choices
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Reacting swiftly to breaking news
• Composing social headlines and share language that is both highly shareable and consistent with the CBS News brand
• 2 to 4 years of social media or television experience in a news environment
• Experience working in a broadcast or digital newsroom
• Strong social media skills with proven portfolio of work
• Ability to multitask
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Familiarity with social media audiences, standard processes and analytics
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work
• Video editing experience
• Knowledge of graphic design, Photoshop and video editing tools such as Premiere and Wochit
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Adaptable hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
• 2 to 4 years of social media or television experience for a news organization
• Able to provide work samples for review
• Expert on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Strong news judgment, ethics and instincts
• Able to work nights and holidays
• Have a degree in journalism, communications or related
Hiring Salary Range: $48,800.00 - 70,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz80w-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.