Have a passion for crafting and delivering fun, engaging content? Do you find purpose in helping people managers learn, grow and be more successful in leading others? This role is for YOU! We are actively seeking to add a new team member, the MANAGER, GLOBAL LEADERSHIP LEARNING, to the Viacom CBS Learning Team. We are part of the People Development group, which also includes Talent Management and Engagement.
You are a collaborative and solution-oriented team member who thrives most when working in a broad team environment. Facilitating learning programs energizes you! You have the resourcefulness to design novel content and the presentation skills to deliver interactive and high-impact experiences. Check out the fun ways you'll be able to contribute:
• Design, develop and facilitate learner-centric training courses, blended content, and action learning experiences that support managers across 4 broad categories (Management Fundamentals, Communications, Building Team Culture and especially, Leadership Effectiveness)
○ Frequency of facilitation will average 1-2 days/week with ~2-hour courses
• Develop turnkey tools that clearly illustrate and reinforce expectations for all people leaders, and support their implementation across global teams
• Partner with our Coordinators to increase impact by incorporating reinforcement and application tools that transform manager learning courses into learning journeys
• Collaborate with HR business partners (HRBPs) and business leaders to identify manager performance gaps and build programs / other interventions that accelerate manager success
• Evaluate the impact of manager learning programs, and use insights to refine solutions and increase organizational efficiency and efficacy
Within the first year you will have dramatically changed the learning culture at ViacomCBS by delivering on the following high-impact projects:
• Lead the design and delivery of a menu of training courses and related initiatives that help people managers increase their efficiency with their direct reports and teams.
• Build a manager toolkit (derived from the learning programs) that incorporates training 'into the flow of work'; craft and be responsible for the execution strategy across the company, including building an online repository to house the toolkit and related tools
• Outline a Social, Peer and Digital Learning strategy that supports ViacomCBS in further scaling in 2022 and beyond (design in 2021; execution in 2022)
• Support the design and delivery of company-wide manager learning days in 2022
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Learning and Development, Organization Development or Human Resources
• At least 3 years of Learning and Development or related experience (e.g. Training with adult learners in a corporate or similar environment; facilitation of change management or organizational development initiatives)
• Strong facilitation skills – you're able to deftly respond to questions, handle disruptions and move a group through course content while balancing inclusion and timing; you can weave in related content to make connections for learners and adjust or pivot when needed
• Exceptional presentation skills – you convey ideas clearly and succinctly, highlight key takeaways and translate impact; you have strong presence, can quickly establish rapport with others, and are comfortable in front of audiences of varying sizes
• You have an approach that is flexible, inventive and agile and can adapt to changes and shifting priorities to meet organizational needs
You might also have:
• ~1-3 years of instructional design experience passionate about building innovative and solution-oriented courses and programs that support behavioral change
• Big picture thinking with strong process orientation
• Strong organization skills and project management acumen, with an eye for detail-orientation
• You embody the ViacomCBS Values (Optimism & Determination; Agility & Resourcefulness; Inclusiveness & Collaboration)
• Trend-spotter who's passionate about staying current in the learning and development space
• Previous experience working in a tech (or media) business
LET'S DO THIS! Come join our team where you will work with peers you'll be glad to know, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a tangible impact by helping people grow. We look forward to meeting you!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j3vv-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.