We are currently seeking an Assistant to support an Executive in the Television Business Affairs department. The position offers an opportunity to learn about business affairs, work with industry executives and lawyers, as well as, gain exposure to entertainment law. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possessing a desire to gain exposure to the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry (this role is not for candidates seeking the Agent career path).
• Efficiently support an executive responsible for negotiating deals for writing, directing, acting and producing clients in scripted and non-scripted television.
• General clerical and administrative duties including letter drafting, filing, handling phones, managing calendars, scheduling, expenses, and office management.
• Editing, proofreading, summarizing and redlining agreements and correspondence under the supervision of the executive.
• Depending on skill, educational level and motivation to learn, assistant will gain experience drafting and commenting on agreements.
• Maintain an awareness of the executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs.
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and Executives.
• Track current and potential clients.
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed.
• 1+ years of Administrative Assistant experience in an agency, studio, and/or talent management setting preferred. Interest in pursuing a career in entertainment law preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is preferred, but not required.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred. JD is preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7ozk-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.