Vice President, Leadership Development
New York, NY
• Leverage partnerships and business acumen within designated business groups to enable the creation and implementation of talent and culture strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
• Work with business leadership to optimize organization and team effectiveness and serve as a thought partner to anticipate business cycles as well as serve as an advisor during periods of change management
• Advise business management and/or Agents/Executives within designated business groups on all people-related issues and needs. Proactively identify potential concerns and work with internal stakeholders to address
• Serve as a coach/advocate for employees regarding their concerns and identify opportunities for improvement and development
• Lead the investigation and management of employee relations matters for designated business groups
• In partnership with the recruiting and professional development teams, develop an integrated approach to promote diversity and inclusion to ensure consistent talent attraction, development and retention
• Support execution of compliance and regulatory initiatives (i.e. wage/hour policies, anti-harassment prevention, etc.)
• Work with cross-functional project teams, as well as be hands-on, working side by side with subject matter experts to develop HR programs that align with department and company goals
• In partnership with the HR Regional Lead, provide coaching and development to developing junior HR professionals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Master's degree or HR certification preferred
• Minimum eight (8) years of progressive HR experience, specifically as an HR business partner/generalist. Entertainment industry strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated technical expertise across multiple HR disciplines – employee relations, talent development, organization development, performance management, employee engagement, change management, etc.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing HR plans that help drive business objectives
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
• Ability to understand the intricacies of a complex organizational structure
• Ability to shift seamlessly between strategic and tactical work
• Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretely handle sensitive and confidential information
• Needs to be a team player who is approachable and supportive; able to contribute ideas and recommendations
• Proven ability to forge strong relationships with employees at all levels
• Prior people management experience preferred
This HR Business Partner Executive role, based out of CAA's New York office, will implement human resources strategies and facilitate change management in designated business groups. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of human resources technical knowledge in the following areas – employee relations, talent development, organizational development, performance management, and employee engagement.
This HR Business Partner Executive will implement enterprise-wide human resources strategies across multiple business groups and be responsible for developing people and culture strategies in support of business priorities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.