Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
Legal Assistant sought for office of General Counsel. This role will support in the areas of corporate law and entity management. The Legal Assistant should be proactive and detail-oriented. This role manages the overall desk for a high volume in-house attorney and must be comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside of the agency. Candidates who are interested in pursuing entertainment law are encouraged to apply for roles in business affairs as this position does NOT have the potential to move outside of corporate law within CAA.
• Handle high-volume scheduling and rolling calls for an executive
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Word (redlining) and Acrobat Adobe Professional, NetDocuments. Prepare daily To Do Lists for executive in addition to managing follow up file and will determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant on her behalf
• Redline and edit (per the attorney's notes) highly confidential documents and agreements
• Assist with annual reports filings and various secretary of state filings
• Maintain minute books of the company
• Assisting with various cyber security matters, insurance and international compliance matters.
• Understand the workflow relationships both of the Office of the General Counsel and the agency at large
• Liaise with multiple external legal counsels on corporate matters and contracts
• E-file high volume of documents
• Access and run reports on NetDocuments, DocMinder, HCue and other corporate databases
• Coordinate travel itineraries and submit monthly expense reports
• Occasional assistance with personal items such as: making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, updating weekend calendar and other minimal tasks
• In short, a proactive, self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency and very detail-oriented assistant who manages the overall office for a highly busy in-house attorney and is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside of the agency
• BS in BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• Administrative experience managing calendars and scheduling for a high-volume desk
• At least a year as a paralegal or executive assistant preferably supporting an in-house attorney
• Experience in supporting an attorney in the area of corporate law
• Experience in entity management, specifically managing formation and dissolution of entities, including corporations, LLCs and partnerships
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word (redlining), and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Strong verbal and written communication.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w18j-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.