Executive Assistant To Head Of Business Affairs
United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
Assistant, General Counsel (Government Affairs)
We are seeking an Assistant for the Office of the General Counsel to support the Government Relations Executive. The Assistant should be proactive and detail-oriented. This role manages the overall office for a highly busy, in-house government relations executive and must be comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside of the agency. A minimum of one-year commitment is required.
Provide administrative support to the Government Relations Executive in the Office of the General Counsel, including answering multiple phone lines, heavy calendar management, booking travel, etc. The Assistant will provide research and documentation on local, state and federal matters and keep abreast with all global changes that relate to the entertainment industry. This desk does not involve in reading scripts or dealing directly with talent, but rather a focus on coordinating meetings with federal, state and local policy makers and key staff, and will serve as both an internal and external liaison for Government Affairs.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• 1 or more years of relevant administrative experience within the entertainment industry
• Prior agency experience is preferred
• Government affairs, elected official or government services experience is preferred
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Excellent research and documentation skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Internet and MS Outlook Suite
• Knowledge and/ or experience in FiscalNote is a plus
• Strong follow-up and project management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced / team oriented department
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.