Assistant, Finance (EMC)
Evolution Media Capital (EMC) is a highly focused media and entertainment advisory firm and investment bank and an affiliate of Creative Artists Agency (CAA). Evolution Media Capital has advised on over $75 billion in transactions since 2008 focused on the sports, media, video gaming, and entertainment sectors.
Our domain expertise and deep industry relationships have enabled us to build a strong track record of successful results for our clients, which include production companies, independent studios, video game developers, sports teams and leagues (and owners), as well as financial investors and high net worth individuals.
Evolution Media Capital is seeking an Executive Assistant to join Evolution Media Capital's advisory team in its Los Angeles, CA office. This division is primarily focused on providing traditional investment banking and strategic advisory services to maximize growth and expansion for its clients.
Our environment is collaborative, demanding, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. EMC encourages its people to take on increasing levels of responsibility commensurate with their abilities. The Assistant plays a critical role within the team, and requires a highly organized individual with strong interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail combined with over two years of experience working with senior/executive management.
Work may include, but is not limited to:
• Maintaining and coordinating the Executive's extensive national and international business travel arrangements, including accommodations, transportation, reservations
• Managing calendars and booking and rescheduling multiple meetings, and understanding dependencies between meetings
• Managing the phone and maintaining the organization of files
• Preparing the Executive's expense report and managing department invoices
• Providing support for Executive's direct reports as necessary, including travel booking and expense reports
• Assisting with research, compiling information and maintaining internal databases as needed
• Interaction with senior team members on a daily basis to support active deals through facilitation of documentation (i.e. having NDAs signed)
• Be a hands-on and pro-active team member working in a lean, collaborative environment
Experience and Education
• 2-3 years of prior executive assistant experience; private equity, law firm, large media company or management consulting experience preferred
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College or equivalent work experience preferred
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Unimpeachable integrity and ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Adept at problem solving and thinking quick on his/her feet
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
• Composure and confidence to work on several projects simultaneously and manage multiple priorities
• High level of attention to detail and time management
• Assertive, self-motivated and desire to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethics and desire to learn
• Interest in the media, video game and/or entertainment sectors
• Local (or willing to relocate) to the Los Angeles, CA area
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71p28-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.