WHO WE ARE
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
A Legal Assistant is sought for the office of the Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Employment. Ideal candidate will be a proactive, meticulously organized, very detail-oriented assistant who manages the overall office for a highly busy legal executive, who is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside the agency, and who can handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Law school grads with interest in litigation, employment or immigration law, or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background looking for exposure to litigation, employment or immigration law, are encouraged to apply.
• Be responsible for handling executive's calendar, appointment scheduling and calls.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional
• Prepare daily To Do Lists, manage follow ups and determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant
• Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence
• Maintain spreadsheets, charts and summaries
• Understand the workflow relationships both within the Office of the Chief Legal Officer and the agency at large.
• Be familiar with, or interested in learning basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
• Be able to use Westlaw, NetDocuments, and database searches using various search techniques
• Liaise with multiple external legal counsel on active litigation cases (e.g., scheduling witness depositions, track document production), subpoenas (e.g., e-discovery and document review) and contracts
• Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed and renewed
• Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible
• Coordinate travel itineraries and prepare monthly expense reports
• Occasionally assist with minimal personal tasks such as making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, and updating personal calendar
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
• 1+ years of experience in litigation (e.g. prior work in legal clerkship, law firm, or litigation consulting company is strongly preferred)
• JD or Paralegal Certificate / Legal Assistant Certificate is a plus, but not required
• Knowledge and/or experience in ESI discovery is a plus, but not required
• Interest and/or background in corporate and entertainment law preferred
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented
• Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to determine prioritization of short-term and long-term projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
• Mental Functions: Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational, and business decisions that affect the department. This position requires analysis, comprehension and decision-making with an aim of attaining specific goals.
• Physical Functions: Sitting required 85% of the time. Walking and standing required 15% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant working on a computer, telephone and/or mobile device, including but not limited to iPad or cellular phone.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1znne-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.