Assistant, Motion Pictures and Television
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA clients create, executive produce, direct, or star in many of the most popular shows on television. CAA television writer, producer, and actor clients work on network, cable, and streaming series, children's and animated programs, late-night shows, made-for-television movies, reality series, and numerous other US and international television properties. CAA also represents high-profile news talent, hosts, sports broadcasters, and other media personalities.
In addition, CAA represents the world's premier actors, directors, producers, and writers, and provides a range of motion picture consulting services, and is a leader in film packaging and brokering financing distribution deals.
An Assistant in Motion Pictures or Television will provide support to an agent(s) in the Literary, Scripted, Non-Scripted and Documentary or Talent departments. The ideal candidate will have a passion for on-screen or behind the scenes talent representation and open to considering the agent path. Additionally, the assistant is willing to immerse themselves, potentially take on larger opportunities (i.e. pitching, submitting on breakdowns, script coverage), and clearly able to communicate with agents, executives, clients, peers etc.
• Manage administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks
• Serve as the first point of contact with clients, Agents and Network/Studio Executives
• Track and meticulously maintain grids of data and execute excellent follow-up and follow through
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed.
• Stay up-to-date on current events within the entertainment landscape, especially as it relates to Motion Pictures and Television
• Read scripts and provide script coverage
• Minimum of 10 months of professional administrative or equivalent experience
• Ability to work well in fast-paced environments; meet tight deadlines; lead multiple projects and expectations; maintain a sharp focus while handling competing priorities; ability to work well under pressure
• Attention to detail, strong organization and problem solving skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
• Ability to anticipate needs and execute time-sensitive matters
• Team oriented and able to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roeo23-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.