Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
The Assistant will provide support to an agent in CAA's Media Finance department. The office's primary responsibility is to help package and set up films outside of the studio system, and is heavily involved in film sales across all the major festivals such as Cannes, Sundance and Toronto. The Assistant will work closely with various departments in the agency as the agent is heavily involved in packaging opportunities for clients. The ideal candidate will have a passion for artist representation in the entertainment business, as well as a passion for independent film. Additionally, the Assistant is administratively capable of handling a high volume of tasks with ability to clearly communicate with agent, clients, peers, etc.
• Administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks.
• Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives.
• Track projects and flag potential projects.
• Assist with special projects, research, flagging trades and news, and compiling information as needed.
• Maintain a variety of project grids and ensure all information is logged/up-to-date.
• 1+ years of assistant experience in an agency, studio, and/or talent management setting preferred.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nyj9-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.