Assistant, Motion Pictures Talent
Los Angeles, CA
The Assistant, Corporate Development will provide support to two executives focused on establishing growth initiatives on behalf of CAA through acquisitions/investments or building existing assets across international markets. The ideal candidate should be interested in building a business strategy toolkit while also exploring a cross-section of more traditional CAA verticals. Future opportunities may include growth in an international development role, but prior assistants have translated their skills and understanding to roles in traditional representation, production, media, finance and more. The ideal candidate is also a problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset, along with a passionate curiosity for learning about a variety of cultures across the landscape of media and entertainment businesses.
• Administrative duties including handling phones, calendar management, scheduling travel (domestic and international) and logistics, preparing expense reports, and general office management.
• Maintain an awareness of the Executive's obligations (internal and external) in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs.
• Heavy involvement with research and strategy projects, including compiling information as needed for additional special projects.
• Assist in creating presentations in PowerPoint.
• Effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels.
• A Bachelor's degree is required.
• Minimum 1 year of relevant administrative experience (preferably within the entertainment industry).
• Proficiency in working with social media platforms (i.e. WeChat) a plus.
• Willingness to work early mornings or late nights to accommodate international clients.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the MS Office suite and in particular Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.