Remote / Virtual
The Talent Manager (TM) will create a unified hub of information to provide a level of consistency and efficiency across all productions and facility-wide departments. The TM is production savvy with an in-depth understanding of production workflows and schedules, artistic and technical disciplines, as well as studio operations.
Role & Responsibilities
Reports and Analytics:
• Resource, monitor and forecast for existing projects as well as assist the EVP of Digital in establishing the required resources for incoming new projects.
• Create and maintain a central resource schedule; help assign show resource and crewing priorities.
• Forecast overall resource requirements during peak production periods.
• Maintain a database for crew skills (ie: primary, secondary, tertiary, including software skills); identify internal resources that could be transferred.
• Add & remove crew from BRON Digital email and Shotgun groups as needed.
• Monitor all overtime logs across projects and provide reports to accounting.
• Communicate pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start/end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required.
• Engage pro-actively engage with artists to prevent negative turnover.
• Provide basic Shotgun training and troubleshoot support for all new employees.
• Facilitate the internal transfer process of cast/crew between productions and/or locations.
• Collaborate with HR and Production to facilitate communication with crew regarding contract extensions and salary negotiations.
• Interface with HR and Production on employee complaints and conflicts.
Liaise with global Departments:
• Run weekly Resources Meeting (create agenda, send minutes, …)
• Collaborate with HR function to establish and maintain competitive employee retention strategy (compensation, terms of employment.)
• Ensuring performance issues raised by Leads are communicated to HR and Production.
• Meet with Recruitment team and Production on a weekly basis, to discuss workforce planning needs; monitor recruitment efforts and communicate schedule changes accordingly.
• Assist with recruitment activities and/or events relevant to productions.
• Liaise with Line Producers/ PMs and provide necessary crewing information to HR.
• Liaise with Operations to arrange seating requirements; maintain reports regarding headcount and seat capacity.
• Liaise with IT to determine and project hardware/software requirements.
• In tandem with IT, monitor and approve requests to access files stored on database network.
• Work with show production teams to maintain Shotgun standards and best practices across all projects.
• Constantly work to improve communication across departments
• Minimum 5+ years production experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use a positive tone and attitude, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment.
• Previous Shotgun Software experience is required.
• Working knowledge of production workflows and terminology.
• Expert organizational, project management & time management skills.
• Ability to anticipate and deal with an ever-changing production environment.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and material.
• HR experience would be an asset.
• Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents for this role.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.