ABOUT THE JOB
BRON is the parent to a group of companies, operating across the media and technology sectors. Co-founded in 2010, BRON has grown into is a leader in the global film, television, and animation worlds, with new digital content, interactive gaming, international sales, merchandising & licensing, plus venture investments and advisory initiatives across the media-tech space. BRON has built a reputation for creating world-class, purpose based and commercially accessible content which has led the company to critical acclaim, including 32 Academy Award nominations, with 6 wins.
Capitalizing on a foundation built over 11+ years, enduring industry partnerships, and cultural acclaim, BRON is expanding its media omniverse to engage with audiences long after the credits roll. Through the development of original IP, cross-platform media experiences and data-driven insights BRON will continue their charge to tell important intersectional stories and foster conversation within a new media landscape.
The candidate will be based in Canada (working 9am - 6pm PST schedule), but this position is fully remote.
Role & Responsibilities
• Rig and weight characters, creatures, and props for BRON's first video game, while working closely with modelers and animators
• Collaborate with Art, Animation, Design, and Engineering teams to help define standards, tools, and workflows for characters and animation
• Develop related custom tools and help establish engine export pipelines and processes that improve production efficiency
• Provide support for art and animation teams in both Maya and Unreal Engine 5
• Work directly in the game engine to set up character assets
• Contribute creatively to the game's design and fun factor
• Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is game-ready and high-quality
• 3+ years of professional game development experience with a strong ability to demonstrate animation rigging and related technical art skills
• A minimum of 1 shipped mobile title while being a member of an established game studio
• Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4+
• Experience with C#/C++/Maya API
• Understanding of robust rigging and related tools creation a plus
• Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
• Knowledge and an understanding of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware
• Knowledge and an understanding of 3D modeling
• A clear, concise and transparent communicator
• A self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Have a passion for video games
• Must have a recent portfolio that demonstrates your skillset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb579x-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.