BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.
The successful applicant will work closely with the IT Team to ensure that all IT equipment/software is functioning efficiently, enabling staff members to do their jobs as efficiently as possible. If you like variety in your day, this is the job for you. Though your primary job will be Desktop Support, as a member of the IT team at BRON, you will be exposed to all areas of IT including Server Administration, Media Services. Please note, this position will work full time from the Burnaby studio.
Role & Responsibilities
• Provide hardware and software support for all users on Windows and Mac platforms
• Log IT Tickets for tracking purposes
• Create new machine builds and perform software installations
• Maintain Hardware, Software, and Inventory lists
• Assist IT setting up and maintaining user accounts
• Install, setup and support Mitel IP Phones
• Documentation of internal IT procedures
• Assist with calibration of all production color sensitive workstation displays and projectors
• Work with / Assist Media Services, and Post-Production teams
• Media Services tasks:
• Assist Media I/O operations for BRON Digital and Live Action production materials
• Liaise with BRON Digital Production Coordinators to assist with Aspera transfers required for edit, sound, and picture materials
• On occasion, support editorial workstation and all studio related A/V requests
• Participate in IT Weekly Meetings
• Assist Operations with general duties as needed, including but not limited to: receive studio deliveries, and assemble/disassemble furniture or equipment
• 1 - 3 years of experience in a Desktop Support, preferably in the Media and Entertainment Industry, working with Windows and Mac OS
• Experience with supporting Android, IOS, and iPad OS devices
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Good knowledge of Computer Hardware
• Good understanding and experience with MS Office, Adobe, Zoom
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Be Proactive, Organized, and good sense of priorities
• Availability to work after hours and weekends if / when required
• Driver's License is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwyq62-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.