BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON's extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
We are looking for a full-time, fixed-term Compositor to join our BRON Digital Division, and work on our first animated series. Reporting to our Head of Finishing, the Compositor will be working on paint fixes, roto and simple comps.
Role & Responsibilities
• Unify color shot to shot for sequence continuity: performing sequence review pass by carrying out colour correction, eye spec, hair colour, black level continuity for the entire sequence.
• Use paint and compositing techniques in Nuke to produce clean plates, remove rigs or other artifacts, etc.
• Use rotoscope techniques in Nuke or Silhouette to generate mattes and splines.
• Act as compositing support on the floor when a finishing artists need advance compositing help.
• Act as a QC reviewer by reviewing the shots and send the notes back to the artists.
• Perform pre-QC fixes or kickback shots from our QC/Colour team.
• Work within schedule, delivering to dailies and weeklies.
• Provide accurate estimates of time required to complete tasks.
• Assist with other related production tasks at the discretion of the Producer.
• Degree/Diploma in Fine Arts, Film, or Animation media and/or relevant industry experience
• Experience compositing with Nuke
• Experience working with ACES CG and 16 bit exrs is helpful
• Experience working with HDR output is helpful but not essential
• Experience working in paint and rotoscoping is required
• Experience with multiple pass rendering and AOV data is helpful but not essential
• Photography, Cinematography or a Fine arts background is also beneficial
• Python, scripting is helpful but not essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm929m-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.