The People & Culture Team at the Boston Red Sox is focused on cultivating a front-office grounded in our values, our commitment to inclusion, and our pursuit of excellence on and off the field. We elevate the employee experience through our work in Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and DEI&B.
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEI&B) Assistant is responsible for supporting various DEI&B initiatives related to programming, education, mentorship, and culture. This position will work collaboratively with our DEI&B Manager to advance our DEI&B strategy. This is a 20-25 hour per week position.
• Support the DEI&B Manager with oversight of the following:
• Employee Resource Groups: Support ERG Captains to ensure they are successful in creating value for their members and the organization. Hold regular meetings with all ERG Captains to help with planning, cross-programming, heritage month celebrations, and cultural and identity celebrations in partnership with Group Sales.
• Mentorship Program: Provide administrative support for our mentorship program. Ensure mentor/mentee pairings have the resources they need to be successful, and that accountability is established for all participants.
• Trainings & Education: Support the implementation of DEI&B training and education within the front office, players, and field staff. This work will include administrative oversight of our DEI&B learning module.
• Cultural & Identity Celebrations: Support the execution of various cultural and identity celebrations throughout the season, including on-field presence, participant coordination, employee engagement and promotional giveaways.
• Provide administrative and logistical support on a variety of DEIB programming elements as needed throughout the organization.
• Demonstrated interest and passion for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and a strong track record of program management execution.
• Proactive self-starter mentality and comfort working independently and collaboratively.
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships, influence key partners, and deliver results in a collaborative environment.
• Capacity to think flexibly and move quickly in a fast-growing and ever-changing environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
At the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Management, we go beyond embracing diversity. We're committed to living by our values, strengthening our community, and creating a workplace where people genuinely feel like they belong.
Too often, job seekers don't apply to positions because they don't meet every qualification. If you love this role and are great at what you do, we encourage you to apply. Your unique skills and experiences might just be what we've been looking for.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nexx-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.