POSITION SUMMARY: Monitor receipt of classical music performance data and identify BMI repertory received in music reports from radio and live concert performance sources. Perform data entry and maintenance of performance logs in Access databases.
LOCATION: New York, NY office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Classical/Concert Radio (quarterly)
• Follow established methodology for requesting and/or procuring music report information from classical radio stations.
• Maintain database to store information on these reporting sources and track the status of music reporting.
• Interact regularly with management in Classical Music on issues related to BMI classical media sources, composers, repertory, and performances.
• Analyze all available program guides and performance data from stations for BMI content.
• Enter the identified BMI repertory into an online database; review and edit entries.
• Identify classical BMI titles in online repertory identification system to meet prescribed distribution deadlines.
• Request missing work registrations from BMI composers or publishers in consultation with Classical Team.
• Request excerpt registrations for classical works from Works (for logging of partial performances of registered works).
• Administer archival processes for paper music reports.
• Conduct internet research in relation to alternate or confusing titles, suspected BMI titles not yet registered, etc.
• Provide statistical and business status reports to BMI management as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Classical Live Concerts (year-long process)
• Analyze all concert programs received from licensees, composers, publishers, miscellaneous sources for BMI title content.
• Reconcile the above data and conduct research when questions arise.
• Prepare all for data entry into Access with PARIS title match, performance category, date, and number of performances, etc. Licensee universe includes about 1,000 orchestras and some 600 music festivals, choruses, concert bands, other large ensemble presenters.
• Send follow-up communication to reporting sources that have not complied with requests to provide music reports within a reasonable period of time.
• Check PARIS for newly registered works and excerpt registrations; request updates if problems are noticed.
• Edit, proofread, and make both performance databases (1. college; 2.--orchestra/large ensemble and 3. chamber) consistent with each other (and with PARIS).
• Combine the three performance databases into one comprehensive performance file.
• After Access files from all sources are combined each year, check title index, verify accuracy of matches, and resolve unmatched titles.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 2 + years of experience working in the music business or in classical music preferred; or any combination of education/training/experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• General music business knowledge and understanding of copyright issues relevant to music performance (classical and/or general).
• Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Excellent research skills, particularly internet based.
• Detail oriented work habits with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
• Highly organized with excellent time-management skills.
• Process-oriented with superior analytical and logical skills.
• Ability to work reliably with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work under deadlines.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent data entry and proofreading skills.
• Desire to ask questions and suggest improvements in procedures.
• Knowledge of or desire to learn about classical music composers and works.
• Knowledge of or desire to learn about media and live concert outlets for classical music broadcasts and performances.
• Overtime, as needed.
$50,000.00 - $58,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below
What We Give to You:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
401K with employer match
Flexible spending accounts
Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
12 paid calendar holidays
Paid volunteer time off
Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
Company paid life insurance
Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
Tuition assistance for qualified team members
Commuter benefits (New York)
Amazing and engaging culture
Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nvv4-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.