VFX Artist (Temporary) - BioWare
VFX Artist (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.
Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team and create stunning visual effects that lead the industry.
• 2+ years of industry experience in VFX on games or related interactive work.
• Familiarity with real-time VFX using particle systems, sprites, and 3D meshes.
• Good command of animation principles and timing.
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages for VFX creation (including experience creating optimized 3D models and textures), game engine workflows for VFX, and revision control systems. Photoshop and Maya. Houdini, FumeFX, or other dynamic simulation experience.
• Proficiency with open-world gameplay constraints and using visual language to support rewarding player experiences.
• Commitment to learning new technologies.
• Author visual effects for environments, abilities, combat, and cinematics.
• Research and provide creative input to inform and develop VFX solutions.
• Work with the design, environment, and writing teams to support gameplay and story while upholding established art style.
• Work with art leadership and peers to support the game vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve by participating in regular team events such as reviews and scrums, with the goal of creating high-quality VFX.
• You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, oversee.
Please provide as many examples of the following as you can:
• Ability effects (e.g. cast, projectile, impact)
• Cinematic effects
• Environmental effects (e.g. smoke columns, fire, lightning, and explosions)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk981-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.