Senior UX Researcher – Bioware
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Apex Legends, The Sims, FIFA, Dragon Age, and NHL to name a few. We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher who should not only love games but also has a passion for shaping and evaluating the gaming experience.
You will develop research plans that span the full product development cycle and work with the development teams to integrate user research insights into the development process.
You will be part of the team in charge of leading the UX research effort for the Action-Role-Playing games (ARPG) developed at EA. This role will focus on the project(s) developed at Bioware studios, and you would report to the UX Research Manager.
• Work with studio leadership and game teams to understand franchise goals and strategies
• Conduct user research activities for multiple EA projects, with a focus on the ARPG space.
• Analyze relevant data from mixed research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry)
• Develop long-term UX research plans and align the research effort with the other research functions at EA (Ex: Marketing research, Analytics)
• Communicate research insights and how they impact the user experience to multiple levels of the organization
• Create new methodologies for each product's unique gameplay and sensibility while maintaining research quality and process
• Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers) to produce insights which improve the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
• You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
• 5+ years' industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms.
• Expertise in research design, fluent in multiple qualitative and quantitative methodologies (such as playtests, usability studies, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research).
• Experience aligning partners to promote forward progress.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qxvx-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.