At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
• You will:
• Oversee multiple features, workflows and standards of a major area of our game.
• Manage documentation, example content, and training materials for our design teams with a focus on player experience.
• Demonstrate technical mastery of design pipelines and content in a major area of our game.
• Develop high-quality content experiences and workflows for our design teams.
• Communicate technical constraints to our design team and ensure best practices are observed.
• Mentor and educate junior design team members in scripting, editor workflows.
• Work with all other departments in design features with a focus on support with multiple programming departments.
• Audit the design teams work at regular intervals.
• Organize production with scheduling and the assignment of tasks to the technical design team.
• Work with external partners to identify and integrate possible technologies into our workflows.
• Foster a positive team culture by building agreement and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
• You will report to the Lead Technical Designer.
• At least 1 major game or 5 years of experience as a Technical Designer.
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them.
• Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity.
• Experience working with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint or FrostEd Schematics.
• A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
• Experience with action and RPG gameplay mechanics.
• Experience and focus working in at least one of the following areas of content development:
• Content streaming or optimization for packaging/bundling content.
• Content creation pipelines and modularity.
• Enemy behaviors.
• Player mechanics such as interactions, animations, and spawning.
• Scripting languages such as Python.
• Complex systems/relationships between the player and the level environment.
• Creative and can come up with interesting and original ideas.
• and ability to bring vision and direction to the broader team.
• Critical thinking and logic skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93vkm-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.