Gameplay Designer (Encounters)- BioWare
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who a Gameplay Designer (Encounters) is at BioWare:
• Design, own, and champion Creature creation including A.I. in a highly iterative environment for an action RPG.
• Plan out fun and intentional player experiences at both macro and micro levels.
• Use proprietary toolset to design and implement the logic for Bosses and Creatures.
• Work with a small multi-disciplinary team to achieve goals and deliverables.
• Evaluate and implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
• Create and maintain design documentation.
• Help set, prioritize, and communicate goals for the creature team.
• Provide mentorship to other designers and team members.
• Foster a highly positive team culture by building consensus and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
• At least 1 major game or 5 years of experience as a creature AI or Boss designer.
• Good understanding of action and RPG gameplay mechanics
• A creative mind - be able to come up with interesting and original ideas.
• Familiar with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint or FrostEd Schematics
• Familiarity with Boss and Creature mechanics design across a breadth of genres
• Working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
• Willingness to be open and flexible when collaborating with others to achieve a design
• A creative mind. Be able to come up with interesting and original ideas.
• Strong composition and narrative skills. Be able to communicate a fun and compelling boss fight from a player's perspective.
• Critical thinking skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7njkp-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.