Senior Character Artist
External Art Manager
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.
Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
• Provide support to Character and Level Art Supervisors, and manage art created by external contributors
• Provide support to Production - task assignments, task readiness
• Perform reviews of external content at each stage of construction and support xDev team's feedback to the artists
• Work with Quality Verification to provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
• Deliver and maintain art and build tools to partner studios
• Unshelve, submit and review art assets as needed
• Must have:
• 4+ years of experience in the industry
• Experience with Photoshop, Maya, zBrush and Perforce
• Experience working with external partners, understanding of cultural diversity
• Experience in Level Art - props and hard surface assets
• Good understanding of clothing and armour
• Excellent understanding of anatomy (human and animal)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience teaching workflows and reviewing art
• Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity or comparable)
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, and Agile methodologies
• Familiarity with version control and build management database such as Perforce
• Nice to have:
• Experience onboarding new vendors
• Experience with Frostbite
• Desire to travel internationally, confidence using communications tools such as Slack & Zoom to work with remote teams
• Experience with Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbojmo-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.