At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Director will do at BioWare, on Star Wars: The Old Republic:
As a Development Director, you'll run the planning and execution of our development team with multiple external partners to build updates for ongoing live service. This is a leadership role that involves daily interaction with team members, centralized EA departments, the project licensor, external development partners, and project leadership. Working with our Senior Development Director, you'll guide the team to meet milestones and quality targets through all phases of development.
• Develop project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within the resource, financial, and licensor constraints.
• Support our teams in meeting their sprint goals and ensure that tasks are tracked, tagged, and estimated.
• In partnership with project leadership, balances trade-offs between scope, resources, and time to reduce project risk and provide updates that meet the quality expectations of a BioWare game.
• Maintain relationships with our partners (e.g. licensor, certain EA centralized groups) and guide the work required from them to publish each update.
• Keep our development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
• Document and administer project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and implement solutions with the team.
• Form close working relationships with discipline leads, individual contributors, and project and studio leadership.
• 5+ years of software project management experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role.
• Foundation in project management methodologies and process frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum).
• A high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Maintain composure under pressure and rally multiple teams to achieve a common goal.
• Resolve problems independently. Seek guidance if appropriate.
• Experience with industry project management tools (e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Confluence).
• Comfortable modeling and analyzing data.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
• You will report to the Senior Development Director.
• Full-cycle game development experience, especially on a live service title.
• Experience using game engine tools and version control software.
• Experience using a scripting language to speed up or automate tasks.
• Project management certifications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx76nz-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.