Quebec City, QC
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
With the arrival of new creative mandates and a continuing involvement in the blockbuster franchise Call of Duty, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise to millions of players around the world!
In addition to continuing to lead the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, Beenox continues to provide key development support to Call of Duty: Warzone, including the creation of new content for the upcoming seasons. This is your chance to work on challenging, ambitious and creative projects with the best team ever!
• Competitive salary and vacation policies
• Studio closed two weeks during Holiday break
• Ample opportunity for internal growth both leadership and expertise
• Comprehensive insurance coverage paid in major part by employer
• Employer contributions to pension plan
• Free French or English classes
• Gym and physical activities on site
… plus a ton of social activities and unforgettable events!
As a senior member of the lighting artist team, you will be asked to contribute or facilitate at several levels -- operational, human and technical. While maintaining your expertise in the field, you will also be required to work closely with and support your employees. Your leadership skills will take your team of artists to new heights as they create the AAA material needed for Activision's franchises.
• Ensure that your team creates deliverables in keeping with the production and artistic direction plans;
• Ensure optimal production pipelines through collaboration with various in-house departments;
• Clarify technical questions and resolve issues that could affect production;
• Maintain communication between production, other departments, and your team;
• Participate actively in project planning, prioritization, and reviews;
• Ensure that your team receives the training required for the tasks and develops its skills;
• Have regular one-on-one meetings with each team member;
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of personnel for your team;
• Write and conduct performance reviews of your team members;
• Approve schedules and time sheets.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience as a lighting artist;
• At least two (2) completed AAA projects;
• Excellent communication and leadership skills;
• Excellent artistic sense and attention to detail;
• Excellent understanding of the technical constraints inherent in video game design and a keen interest in video games;
• Thorough knowledge of the lighting techniques used in video games;
• Excellent work organization skills;
• Ability to manage several tasks at once and delegate when necessary;
• Fluency communicating in French and English;
• Comfortable adapting to an always-changing working environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2k91-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.