What We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Assistant to support two Agents in Comedy as well as participate in supporting the Agency's top tier comedy roster. The position requires a communicative and thoughtful individual who can take initiative while learning on the job.
The candidate will need a strong work ethic and an understanding of how their supporting role can help to grow the Agency's practice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as an interest in the performing arts and comedy (touring, literary, and talent).
The ability to multi-task is essential as the position requires managing calendars, call logs, and bookings, as well as tracking client schedules, potential opportunities and the overall execution of deals.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Generating and keeping track of appointments, self-tape requests and booking reports, travel booking/coordinating
• Tracking payments and expenses
• Submitting and keeping track of clients for TV and film projects
• Manage client avail checks, appointments and self-tapes. Coordinate with casting offices as needed
• Dealing with high profile casting directors, studio/network executives, producers and managers while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
• Updating client materials and reels
• Managing agent and client calendars and eventually handling phones
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive
• Must have a shrewd awareness of how to survive or succeed in any situation, especially while working in a difficult environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
• The art of follow-up and following through
• Proficient with word, excel, and outlook
Education And Experience
• 1-2 years of professional experience working in the entertainment industry is preferred
• Experience with Oasis or at an agency is a plus
• Casting and/or Management experience is a plus
• Experience reading and covering scripts is a plus
• College degree from an accredited University or College preferred
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j1x3-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.