Sales and Merchandise Assistant
Universal Music Group
Technical Assistant - Performance (Layout)
Are you an excellent, proactive problem solver who is able to work through and assist with any technical issues that may arise within the Performance (Layout) team? Then you could be our TA!
The Technical Assistant will troubleshoot, help artists with specific issues, and report or track those issues with the Performance TDs.
What you'll get to do:
• Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within Performance software and proprietary tools.
• Test and validate new releases of pipeline and workflow tools within the Production (Maya) and Farm environments.
• Provide feedback to ensure tools and procedures support the creative process.
• Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools.
• Understand the processes of adjoining departments (eg. Assets, FX, Animation, Assembly) and provide input where required to maximise efficiency and quality.
• Debug render issues for Layout reviews.
• Assist with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Layout department.
• Create and update documentation that supports the Technical Assistant processes.
• Establish close partnership with Layout crew and other TA/TD groups.
What you bring:
• 1+ years' experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series, or equivalent education.
• Experience supporting artists in a production environment.
• Understanding of 3D layout pipelines and applicable tools.
• Experience using software packages applicable to Maya (preferred).
• Programming experience in Python is a bonus.
• Knowledge of USD is a bonus.
• Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off the shelf and proprietary software tools.
• Pro-active problem solving skills.
• An adaptable approach with the ability to balance your workload and the needs of artists, and production deadlines.
• The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas, and remain calm under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner.
• Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oyqm-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.