We are looking for an experienced, confident and positive senior manager to lead multiple departments, ensuring a safe, secure and productive environment for our employees.
The Studio Manager is responsible for the planning, delivery and leadership of the Catering, Building Services, Front of House & Administrative functions. As the lynchpin of day to day operations for our Sydney studio, the ideal candidate is highly motivated with the ability to work collaboratively on projects, ensuring that our studio runs efficiently and dependably.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
What you'll get to do:
• Define and oversee operations of the Catering, Building Services, Front of House and Administrative departments, ensuring a high level of customer service
• Manage the administration of the premises, including collaboration with the facilities supervisor to prepare proposals for all premises project works, execution of space planning and ensuring implementation and monitoring of company security practices and procedures
• Provide strategic direction to the Building Services team, overseeing building refurbishment, renovation and maintenance works, ensuring professional and efficient service including communication of project progress and updates to management and staff
• Managing relationships with landlord Fox Studios Australia and relevant onsite parties
• Manage the Catering function, overseeing supply and stock levels, vendor negotiations and relationship management, and ensuring that health and hygiene practices are adhered to
• Develop and implement Front of House processes to enhance departmental functionality, ensuring consistent high-level customer service and professional representation of the company
• Provide leadership and direction to teams, undertaking recruitment and training as required
• Conduct regular performance reviews and provide regular feedback, managing contract negotiations and extensions as required
• Ongoing review of all operations for reduction of environment impacts
• Develop and implement departmental standard operating procedures and best practices for your teams
• In partnership with the COO prepare, manage and monitor budgets for your departments as required, conducting all activities with financial awareness
• Ensure catering, building services and front of house team practices are in keeping with maintaining a safe working environment for all staff
• Management team representative of Company WH&S Committee including oversight of reporting, risk identification and practices
What you bring:
• Previous building/facilities and operational management experience in a similar role
• Strong skills in leadership and change management, with a high level of interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication
• Demonstrable experience in cost control management
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent understanding of the importance of confidentiality
• Invested in a knowledge sharing culture, fostering and supporting growth within your teams
• Interest in self-development, attending training as required and continuing to actively develop relevant knowledge, technique and skills
• Motivated to work in a filmmaking environment, maintaining knowledge and interest in story, animation and digital production processes
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.