Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Remote / Virtual
Look Development (Surfacing) Supervisor - The Shrinking of the Treehorns
Directed by Ron Howard and based on the children's book of the same name, ''The Shrinking of the Treehorns'' is a feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
The Look Dev Supervisor is the artistic and technical leader, who, in partnership with the Asset Department Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and the Performance Technology Team, is accountable for the technical and artistic outcomes of the surfacing department on a single production.
The supervisor is accountable for the deliverables of the surfacing department and participates in ensuring consistency of quality and look for a production.
What you'll get to do:
• Work closely with the Director and Supervisors to define, understand, and maintain the visual style of the film
• Partner with the Asset Department Supervisor, Production Designer, Producers and Project Supervisors
• Partner with Production Management to implement a schedule that ensures the department delivers on time, to a high level of quality
• Clearly communicate the overall brief and goals of a project to each member of the team, driving the delivery of creative goals in a timely manner, to the highest standard
• Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed assets
• Manage all artists in the surfacing department collaborating with Artist Management
• Help define and maintain the techniques, tools, and pipeline required to achieve the successful execution of the department output for the film
• Communicate and collaborate with the relevant supervisors, R&D, and the Performance Technology Team as necessary
• Document new techniques and distributes updates to peers, crew, and Production Management
• Collaborate with the CG and department supervisors to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
What you bring:
• 7+ years' Look Development (Surfacing) experience in fully animated or hybrid feature films
• 2+ years' experience in a supervisory role in fully animated or hybrid feature films
• Experience with current Painting tool such as Mari and Substance Painter
• Experience with Houdini is desirable
• An interest in pipeline, processes, tools, and techniques, with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats, and practices
• A strong artistic eye, and solid understanding of the technical requirements of Shading
• Experience in surfacing large and complex CG environments
• Experience with Photoreal and Non-Photoreal shading
• Awareness of the technical requirements of lighting
• The ability to successfully lead a large team of surfacers; motivating artists, providing feedback, and fostering a constructive team dynamic, building relationships within and across departments
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g36e8n-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.