2 year contract
The HR Manager, will manage a cross functional team to develop, implement and manage the local HR operations of the world's largest independent animation studio, with credits including Peter Rabbit, Happy Feet and The Lego Movie!
A strong and practical knowledge of relevant Australian employment legislation will be the cornerstone of the role as you identify challenges, find solutions that reflect good commercial and creative practice to ultimately deliver HR support and initiatives that reinforce a positive workplace culture.
The HR Manager reports to the Head of Human Resources and will provide operational HR, Recruitment and some training expertise to the broader Sydney studio to deliver best practice HR solutions.
What you'll get to do:
• Manage the HR function studio-wide
• Manage HR operations, supporting the HR Operations Supervisor, in ensuring that employment contracts are current and compliant, reporting and tracking employee statistics, compliance with Australian immigration and local HR legislation
• Manage employee benefit programs, workers' compensation and all employee policies and procedures
• Drive performance management and talent management programs in partnership with department managers
• Apply your HR knowledge and expertise to provide best practice HR solutions to talent challenges
• Oversee recruitment, partnering with the Recruitment Supervisor to ensure successful and proactive staffing in a highly competitive market
• Manage and support the broader HR team, providing coaching, mentorship and performance management as required. Encouraging collaboration and best practice across the global HR team
• Promote well-being and create a safe workplace, staying on top of all government safework regulations and providing advice where appropriate
• Work with Head of HR on employee engagement projects
• Conduct all activities with financial awareness, commerciality and accountability
What you bring:
• 5+ years experience in a Human Resources management role, providing leadership and support to a medium sized team
• A deep understanding of Australian employment legislation
• Knowledge of recruitment best practice and learning & development is a bonus
• Experience working with an international and/or project based workforce is an asset
• A working knowledge of Australian immigration requirements and processes for temporary skilled workers
• Excellent communication, problem solving, coaching and influencing skills
• A business partnering approach
In return, you will receive:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
• A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
• Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
• A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
• Paid 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb9qo-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.