Animal Logic - The Studio that brought you the LEGO movie - is seeking a dedicated HR Operations Supervisor to join our team. The HR Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the smooth delivery of HR services at our Vancouver studio. In doing so, they will ensure for a positive employee experience for a talented group of artistic and technical people in a fast-paced, and creative environment.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Operations Supervisor proactively works with managers and other HR leaders to provide a cohesive approach to talent management, and application of policies and practices. Resourceful and dynamic, they ensure a high quality of output through continuous improvement and by supporting and mentoring the HR Operations team to achieve results.
Teamwork is vital to Animal Logic, as we strategize and collaborate on all our projects, and have fun doing it!
• Ensure the HR components from the on boarding process through to the exiting process are smooth for both employees and the business
• Research, recommend, develop and implement contemporary HR operational solutions to support the business
• Look for ways to add support to the business and streamline work processes
• Work with management/employees to support them on local legislative matters, general HR operations and employment related policies and procedures
• Partner with managers/supervisors within the business on people solutions for their area/team
• Oversee our employee benefits program, ensuring employees are aware of the benefits and conditions (e.g. health, CPP Fund, RRSP, Short & Long Term Disability and leave etc.)
• Delivering accurate offers and relevant paperwork to future employees in an efficient and professional manner
• Supervise new starter onboarding procedures in a manner that promotes a positive experience for the employee and minimizes risks for the business
• Supervise the relocation of international hires including work permits, flights, accommodation, relocation packages in accordance with policies and procedures
• Oversee and ensure employee data, reports and personnel files are up to date and accurate
• Provide advice to managers/employees on Animal Logic's HR-based policies and procedures
• Administer workplace health and safety practices and policies
• Keep abreast of changes to legislation that impact employees in our workplace
• Supervise 2-3 team members
To be successful in this role you will have:
• 3 years' experience in a HR supervisor role
• Experience in supervising a team
• Deep understanding of the BC employment legislation
• Experience working with an international and project based workforce
• Working knowledge of immigration legislation as it pertains to hiring an international workforce
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• Experience in the industry or similar is a bonus
What we bring:
• The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
• Conveniently located in Yaletown near the heart of downtown Vancouver & SkyTrain
• Flexible work arrangements including a hybrid work model.
• An experienced and supportive team around you who like to have fun!
Access to LinkedIn Learning to support your personal career development.
• A generous vacation policy plus paid sick days, and 'Volunteer' days to support those causes close to your heart!
• A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free lunches, free use of barista coffee machines, and snacks galore!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mj1e-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.