The Artist Manager works with digital artists to manage their career at Animal Logic, including performance, development and ongoing opportunities within the studio.
Please note this position is a 1 year contract.
What you'll get to do:
• Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
• Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
• Negotiate and manage artist resources across the studio, ensuring competing needs are balanced, supported and delivered on time.
• Work closely with the Recruitment team to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
• Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the Artist group
• Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
• Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
• Identify training needs and skills gaps in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager
• Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
• Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
• Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
• Consult and work with HR on employee issues
What you bring:
• Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
• Previous experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
• Experience in a large global studio preferable
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
• Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
• Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
• Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
• Excellent attention to detail
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.