Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Amazon Originals content for Amazon Prime and IMDb TV customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking content like Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick, The Boys, El Presidente, and All In: The Fight for Democracy. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, localization, and distribution of series and movies globally.
We are hiring the Head of Worldwide Media Management and Distribution. This position oversees the media management and distribution teams that work across global Amazon Originals movies and series from Amazon Studios and is responsible for the receipt, technical and completeness validation, processing, packaging, distribution, and archival of assets required to support internal stakeholder teams, Prime Video and IMDb TV launches, and other distribution channels as needed. The Head of Worldwide Media Management and Distribution is responsible for hiring and developing the best talent to join the team as they scale to support an increasing slate and worldwide territory expansion.
The Head of Worldwide Media Management and Distribution represents the department in senior executive meetings by sharing recommendations and strategies to meet launch requirements at various stages of the digital content distribution lifecycle. This position regularly collaborates with the leaders in Programming Strategy, Post Management, Delivery, Localization, Production Technology, Creative Marketing, Public Relations, and Prime Video and IMDb TV Content Operations.
The Head of Worldwide Media Management and Distribution is responsible for ensuring the assignment of title launches across their team and managing their team in resolving issues that impact launch timing. This role directly supports high-profile launches, solving internal and external challenges, and ensuring that launches occur on time and at the premium quality bar.
The Head of Worldwide Media Management and Distribution collaborates closely with the Delivery and Technology Teams to standardize and maintain deliverable technical specifications to provide clear guidance to productions. This activity also supports the team's development and implementation of archive organization, ingest, curation, preservation, search, and retrieval specifications and processes to support potential future title repurposing and other studio requirements related to asset management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Hire, train, supervise, and set career growth plans for staff
• Ensure on-time premium quality distribution of assets for launch and other internal stakeholder needs
• Define and evolve team processes to support on-time premium quality movie and series launches
• Ensure proper show coverage across the team in accordance with experience and seniority
• Support resolution of team escalations
• Develop team goals, roadmap, and strategy consistent with Worldwide Post Production Operations objectives
• Represent team interests with senior leadership fairly and objectively
• Collaborate with Post Production Operations senior leadership peers to support cross-team processes and initiatives
• Drive process and technical innovation to support customer needs
• Define and maintain technical delivery specifications
• Oversee high-profile and complex launch projects
• Deploy and innovate digital distribution workflows in conjunction with other Post Production Operations departments, the Technology Team, and Prime Video and IMDb TV Content Operations
• Oversee design, implementation, and management of media management and archival strategy, tools, process standardization, and operation
• 10 years of experience in time-sensitive digital content supply chain operations
• 3+ years of experience building and managing teams
• Experience servicing internal operations and external-facing clients
• Experience designing, developing, and managing a digital content archive
• Experience with theatrical and streaming distribution
• Experience with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, UHD, and HDR
• Management of complex and technical content launch schedules
• Ability to manage concurrent title launches
• Experience in a studio-like organization with an emphasis on streaming platforms
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97y74-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.