Software Engineer - Central Technology
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Technical Director to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great mobile games.
As a Technical Director on AP's Mobile Team, you will help grow, manage and mentor a team of core engineers working in collaboration with other internal studios and other technical groups. This hands-on role involves equal parts leadership and hands-on engineering. Your goals will be to drive technical development from concept to release and deliver great high-quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
You will partner with the Senior Director of Technology, Mobile and (Technical) Development Director to ensure that right problems are tackled the right way with the right priority.
• Defining a project technical roadmap that aligns with broader cross-studio effort
• Providing technical guidance from a Mobile perspective throughout the organization
• Auditing the technical quality of emerging technologies and integrations
• Auditing the technical quality of major project milestones
• Defining Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
• Identifying and mitigating technical risks
Battle Tested Leader
• 7+ years leadership experience in the AAA, casual or mobile gaming industry
• Minimum 2 full project cycles of experience managing at a Technical Director capacity, running a large franchise project in the gaming industry
• Have taken part in development and launch of at least one high profile Mobile game.
• Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
• Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Passion for making video games
• Communicate progress, current status and risk effectively to stakeholders.
• Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you to be.
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
• High Technical acumen
• Business owner/operator mindset
• Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Facilitator who clears roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
Organizer and Problem Solver
• There are always many balls in the air – Organization and Prioritization are key skills!
• Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done?
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.