Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
What we do
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
We are looking for Technical Compliance Lead to join our team and work with Demonware engineers to ensure Privacy for Global regulations. Contribute towards data governance efforts at DW and help in building and maintaining data inventory, data policies, controls, retention policies for DW Data.
• Work with Demonware engineers to ensure Privacy by Design understanding and compliance for Global regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of existing and future regulations to ensure and understanding of how this impacts our architecture and technical solutions
• Perform Data Impact Assessments on internal and 3rd party companies
• Develop and maintain privacy by design standard methodologies and data protection guidelines.
• Build and maintain privacy documentation portal, data catalog and technical compliance roadmap.
• Lead the requirements and design of compliance tooling for all Demonware Services and Data in scope to ensure appropriate self serving tools for key partners including Security and Legal
• Plans for and coordinate large pieces of work required to accomplice requirements of new privacy laws, constantly evolving technology and business needs with DW data and engineering teams, legal, and ATVI partners
• Act as a privacy and governance expert and liaison between engineering and legal teams - help teams translate legal requirements into compliant elegant technology solutions
• Develop and coordinate control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
• Experience with one or more programming languages (Java, Python etc.)
• Experience working with at least some of the database technologies (RDBMS, Columnar Storage, Network, Graph) or big data technologies (Databricks, BigQuery, Kafka, PubSub, Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.)
• Basic understanding of regulations such as GDPR or CCPA and requirements related to consent, deletion, export and other privacy rights
• Experience working with cloud technologies(AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud)
• Experience in working with data anonymization, encryption, data security controls, classification, and auditing
• Ability and willingness to work on developing and carrying out data protection and governance guidelines
• Prior experience in working with data protection, privacy engineering, compliance and/or governance related technologies
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve privacy engineering problems at scale
• Good understanding of implementation of privacy by design principles in system designs and architectures
• Familiar with agile project management tools such as Jira
• Experience in implementation of Data Inventory or Data Catalog tools(e.g. Unity Catalog, Colibra, Alation etc.)
• Familiarity with version control software (Git)
• Experience working with container-based applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
What Demonware Offers
Generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g668v8-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.