We are seeking a Talent Professional who demonstrates enthusiasm for our games, a passion for our people, and the drive to support our business on the path to success. This hybrid role is responsible for the day-to-day management of recruitment needs for the Localisation team (65% of role) as well as the administration of essential HR programmes and policies in the Dublin office (35% of role).
• Lead the annual recruitment campaign for temporary seasonal employees across 13 different languages. Responsibilities include owning the annual recruitment strategy, screening applicants, managing the interview process, gathering approvals for all offers, and employee onboarding and assimilation
• Manage all recruitment activities for niche full-time positions, including for the project management team and the language services team
• Partner with the Total Rewards centre of expertise on all new hire related relocation and visa needs
• Create and implement talent strategies that are tailored to the Localisation team
• Formulate and evaluate reports/data to provide appropriate analytical recommendations and insights to leaders
• Manage the year end performance review, salary review, and annual goal setting processes for the team
• Conduct employee relations consultations in partnership with the Employee Relations centre of expertise, as needed
• Manage the benefits administration processes and policies for all local benefit programs
• Manage the monthly payroll process with the Finance and Payroll teams; ensure payroll is completed accurately and in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Be an ambassador of diversity, inclusion, and culture
• Complete special projects as assigned
Year One Success:
• Develops a bespoke recruitment strategy for the Localisation team's 2022 needs
• Fills all open roles for seasonal employees by the agreed upon deadlines and ensures new employees are smoothly onboarded
• Partners with business leaders to fill any open full-time positions
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a recruiter focused in localisation and QA would be ideal; experience in hiring for high volume roles is essential
• Mix of agency and in house recruitment experience a benefit.
• Successful applicants will most likely also have prior HR administration experience in a fast-paced environment to support the TA process, including Immigration support, onboarding and new hire inductions and payroll to name a few.
• Knowledge of ATS systems, Workday Recruit a plus
• Experience in a technology, multilingual company, and/or start up environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to deal effectively with multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a busy, often challenging environment
• Ability to think and illustrate 'big picture' focus as well as make sure the details are followed through on and executed flawlessly
• 'Can-do' attitude and proactive, solution-focused individual
• Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills (with a strong sense of urgency and follow up/follow through)
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to diplomatically handle delicate situations with respect and professionalism
• Knowledge of current employment/labor legislation and policies
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reznn8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.