Solid State Studios is currently looking for a Senior UI Programmer to join the Mobile development effort. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a Senior UI Programmer you will develop, modify and debug UI and related systems using script and C/C++. While working on a multi-platforms code base, the focus is to enable features and functionality especially for Mobile platforms. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring our UI system and the features it supports are highly efficient on a range of Mobile devices and can scale and be updated accordingly. You will implement Improvements, refactoring and optimizations with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You will report to a Technical Director, who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
• Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems and support required functionality
• Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for UX and UI art team
• Responsible for performance of rendering pipeline on Mobile devices which includes supporting tools to report status and progress
• Communicate with other departments within the team and Activision global community to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
• 5+ years programming experience
• Contributed on at least one Mobile title as a UI Programmer or equivalent
• Deep understanding of C / C++ and common scripting languages
• An ability to operate within a large, constantly-evolving C++ codebase
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
• Advanced understanding of UI content pipeline and tools
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
• Passion for video games, especially FPS games
• Familiarity with Lua programming.
• Aptitude for UX design
• Knowledge of computer related game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
• Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
• Experience in working in cross- or remote studio environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwwo0-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.