The Business Analytics Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for producing, optimizing, communicating and ensuring timely delivery on a heavy pipeline of performance analytic requests and data / engineering projects across all Activision IP's and the in-game, visualization and advanced analytic teams. They will also be accountable for managing the legal, budgetary, administration and scheduling needs of the Business Analytics department in coordination with the overall Global Analytics department. This role will work closely with data, technology, studio and analytic partners along with vendors as well as a wide swath of stakeholder groups: Internal Product Groups, Finance, Studios, Executive Management, Legal and International partners.
Candidates need to demonstrate high success and experience in the following:
• Extremely successful producing, optimizing and delivering on a heavy pipeline of performance analytic requests and data / engineering projects.
• Strong experience in an Agile environment and familiar with agile best practices/methodologies.
• Strong networking and influence skills to move people at all levels with varying agendas across the organization toward a common goal
Candidates must possess a tenacious appetite to be productive and solve problems as well as motivate others to that end. The right candidate will embody and model our cultural values and associated behaviors: Selflessness, respect & understanding, courageous & forthright, impact & solution catalysts, passionate & positive attitude.
They will be producing the requests and project/deliverables for the Descriptive Analytics Teams, who perform the actual logic building, reporting and analytics.
• ''Macro'' level of project management. Drive the initiatives, outcomes and communications with an eye toward the longer term project delivering an MVP, iterating, adapting, ideating with partner teams and wrangling relationships, etc. (vs. waiting for folks to tell you what they need or if they need help)
• Ensure request / project delivery, review and approval of analytic, business and technical requirements
• Lead topical/project meetings (vs. just the agenda flow) with confidence focused on solution ideation or solution proposals (vs. stopping with concerns, or blockers)
• Strong business & analytic knowledge on projects, technical work details & business priority's
• Build Business and Data partner relationships with direct contact, communications and project leadership interactions aligning the team's priorities with the broader business priorities and strategic goals
• Build individual relationships with analytic team members in order to grow their engagement and interactions on projects and meetings and elicit them to grow your analytic project and technical detail knowledge
• Design, produce, manage and optimize project and request management and communication strategies and workflows
• Being a vocal and active advocate for processes that are iterative and they are here to help analysts but if they are not helping, you will sit with each of them and figure out a better way vs. just focusing on folks to following the processes.
• Be highly engaged and show interest in the projects and the team, being an high contributing project leader or co-leader
• Drive collaboration and productivity between contributors and managers across analytics, data, off-shore, technology, vendors, marketing, production, studios, finance, HR, and legal
• Track and produce team progress and report productivity status and optimizations
• Identify potential risks and develop risk mitigation plans in partnership with stakeholders, team members, partners and leadership
• Coach analysts, managers and supervisors through change management and heavy pipeline periods
• Collaborate and build relationships with other departments in the Activision Publishing Analytics organization as well as the BU, studio, data and technology organizations
• Professional Project Management work and a Bachelor's Degree and PMP cert.
• 7+ years of project management experience in Agile development for Analytics / studio teams
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools: including Agile, Kanban, SCRUM, traditional waterfall, Jira and Confluence.
• Driven, engaged, proactive, self-starter and quick learner. Never has to be asked to optimize productivity or solve a problem.
• Successfully managed complex, cross functional projects and heavy pipeline analytic queues
• Strong initiative and organizational skills with attention to detail and a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
• Demonstrates high degree of proactivity in building roadmaps, assessing project status, gathering requirements, unblocking issues and delivering results
• Impeccable and powerful communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly articulate messages and context to a variety of audiences
• Strong networking and influence skills to move people at all levels in an organization toward a common goal
• Uncanny ability to build relationships with partners, peers and stakeholders motivating others align and drive towards best practices and objective decision making
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Ability to get quickly up to speed on company culture, sentiments, and context
• Embodies and models our cultural values and associated behaviors: Selflessness, respect & understanding, courageous & forthright, impact & solution catalysts, passionate & positive attitudes
• Relevant software skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5b8v-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.