- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Toronto and Guildford, UK – we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
The Sr. HR Generalist significantly contributes to the company's performance by providing tactical and strategic solutions on critical talent, overall workforce effectiveness, and enabling organizational capabilities that directly enable the outcome of the business objectives. The HR Business Partner plays a key role in driving company growth, revenue, and creativity by fostering best-in-class development teams that create value for Sledgehammer Games.
The Sr. HR Generalistwill lead and partner with centralized teams to carry out the following responsibilities in: talent attraction, retention, succession, pipeline planning and workforce optimization; performance and total rewards management, employee productivity, relations; policy interpretation and application.
Additional responsibilities include organizational design, effectiveness; staffing models, talent capabilities, career progression initiatives, and coaching and training. This position requires a data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively across a highly matrixed environment.
• Deliver a human capital plan driven by the annual and long-term planning, translating business requirements into effective and modern initiatives
• Drive change management efforts across assigned client group, ensuring employee and stakeholder impact are at the forefront of organizational decisions, and that organization changes are planned and thoughtfully implemented with strong process integrity
• Accountable for the approach and outcome on employment matters; directing and influencing management around the people agenda to maximize intended performance and reduce people-related risks
• Provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to enable them to grow and perform at their best
• Drive integrity and accountability for the effective implementation of the annual HR cycle to facilitate value-added delivery, including workforce and talent planning, performance management, and total rewards
• Analyze, report and use predictive people analytics as evidential reasoning to continuously improve the talent KPIs
• Identify levers and develop strategies that measurably improve engagement and retention (e.g., talent assessments, engagement surveys, exit surveys)
• Develop and maintain strong networks and relations (informal and formal) with employee resource groups, external partners, and leading industry and stakeholder communities
• Actively participate in annual budget planning/staffing forecasting process
• Bachelor's Degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related field; Master's degree a plus
• 5+ years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources
• Organization design and development experience, including strong change management, for a complex and transforming business organization
• Experience assessing leadership and organizational talent; identifying talent gaps and successfully implementing initiatives to address gaps
• Experience directly supporting senior leaders, influencing leaders to make better people decisions that increase productivity and achieve business results
• Comfort using facts and data to build people-centric business cases; for example, use of staffing models and other analytical tools
• Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; high IQ, high EQ, passion, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risk and challenge the status quo
• Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
• Highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated commitment to inclusion
• Experience supporting a global client group a plus
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm4n6-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.