Principal Operations Architect
Job Title:Sr. Core Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Core Engineer
Reporting To: Sr. Technical Director, Central Tech
Department: Central Tech
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision is seeking a Senior Core Engineer to join the Activision Central Technology group. This is a unique position that will see you working aside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry in order to advance the state of the art in games.
As a Senior Core Engineer you will architect, refactor, optimize and maintain a variety of game, tool and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of disciplines including: pipelines, tools, memory management, rendering, performance and more. The Senior Core Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with other engineers spread across the world, and content creators across a variety of disciplines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with talented engineering teams.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Architect, refactor, optimize and maintain game, pipeline, tool and low-level engine systems.
• Design, write, debug, optimize and refine core systems, features, and infrastructure as needed.
• Contribute extensively to the sharing of core systems and technology across all of Activision's studios.
• Embrace multi-platform development from PlayStation, Xbox, PC to Mobile.
• 5-8+ years programming experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• An ability to operate within a large, constantly-evolving C++ codebase.
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
• Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC, Console or Mobile.
• Experience working on core engine systems and tools.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• Some familiarity with modern real-time rendering APIs and architecture is a bonus.
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.