Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a critical and high-caliber team focused on the top strategic priorities for Activision Blizzard. The team is responsible for setting the corporate strategy and driving long-range planning for the Company, driving M&A and corporate development initiatives, and working closely with senior leaders in Activision Blizzard's Business Units on key initiatives. This is a high-profile team working with a diverse mix of both internal and external stakeholders, and Corporate Strategy alumni can be found in various leadership roles across the Company.
The Senior Analyst role in Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a unique and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard that offers a tremendous career path with significant responsibility for highly talented individuals. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating corporate strategy and analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth. The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can identify issues, structure analyses, develop solutions, and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership throughout the organization.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame the corporate strategy, outline key initiatives, and develop financial plans
• Shape the Company's growth strategy by identifying and evaluating new growth segments and markets, including assessment of market potential and competitive dynamics, framing and evaluation of strategic alternatives, and developing recommendations and execution plans
• Support key strategic projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, communicate findings thoughtfully, and build consensus
Business Unit Strategy & Support
• Develop a deep understanding of how our Business Units operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
• Develop deep relationships with Business Unit leaders and work closely with them on priority initiatives to improve Business Unit performance
Corporate Development and M&A
• Support evaluation and execution of potential merger and acquisition opportunities by conducting due diligence, developing business cases, building detailed financial models (DCF, comps, accretion / dilution), and working closely with internal leaders and external advisors
• Support assessment of potential partnership and other corporate development opportunities
• Support key corporate financial processes, including share buyback programs and capital structure reviews
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of work experience, ideally with background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or strategy at a leading media or technology company
• Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills, including strong financial modelling abilities
• Comfort with ambiguity; strong judgment and ability to make well-informed decisions – displaying both high IQ and EQ
• Does not tolerate the status quo
• Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of audiences
• Ability to build trust-based relationships and effectively collaborate across several operating divisions
• Self-starter who can identify problems, outline solutions, and drive execution
• Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.