Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join up with the product development team who is responsible for getting players into some of the biggest games on earth. Our services include Accounts and Identity management and Privacy tooling.
Our customers are the online engineers at the Activision game studios working on titles such as Call of Duty and our colleagues in Marketing and Data Services.
• Design and build highly-scalable services using open source technologies to enable crucial player to player interactions
• You will work on improving and extending the Demonware services for Accounts and Identity management and Privacy tooling.
• You will contribute to our technical direction and standards with engineers on the team and across Demonware
• You will design and implement features, run services and help our game studios integrate features into current and future games
• This is a DevOps role that includes maintaining and supporting the live services that you develop.
• 4+ years relevant work experience taking projects from design through to deployment , including in a high-volume or critical production service environment
• Excellent knowledge of Python. Knowledge of C++ a plus
• Experience with at least one major database MySQL, Cassandra or other, preferably at very large scale
• A strong background in open source and Linux environments with a deep understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP and HTTP.
• A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience designing & implementing RESTful APIs.
• Experience in identity management would be advantageous.
• Some experience working at scale would be a plus.
• Interest in gaming and an understanding of the wider context.
• Interest in solving various and complex problems.
• Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq3zw-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.