Would you be excited about creating reliable and scalable online services and features, to be used by millions of players all around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you're excited about working with game studios, large scale systems and online multiplayer technology in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to work on backend Services and game integrations.
Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible.
Meaning you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games.
Awesome, what will my ''day-to-day'' look like?
You will work side by side with game studios at Activision, like Activision Shanghai to make radical game designs a reality at massive scale. You will design new online services and features to support the future of the online gaming market. You will contribute to low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users.
This is a full-time position at Demonware's Shanghai Office in the People's Republic of China.
What's in it for me?
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
What would you like to see in my background?
• Experience developing backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of users all around the world
• Experience with the operation and support of the services or features you develop
• Interest to work as a partner with game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences
• Interest in travel to game studios to provide on-site design and integration support
• Experience providing technical mentorship to other team members
• Expertise in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
• Experience with at least one major database e.g. MySQL, Cassandra or other, preferably at very large scale
• An interest in open source and Linux environments with a deep understanding of networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP.
• Interest in solving various and complex problems.
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox, and Playstation
• Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxy2m-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.