Santa Monica, CA
As a Senior UI Designer at Activision, you will work within the Consumer Technology group to develop engaging designs supporting various software projects. Candidates should have experience working with large scale software applications while engaging both business users and engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design interfaces that are visually engaging and functional.
• Work with UX designers to translate wireframes into pixel-perfect designs.
• Establish design best practices, standards and guidelines including creation and maintaninece of a design system.
• Collaborate with engineering team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented properly.
• Present designs to stakeholders and incorporate feedback as appropriate.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify new features and opportunities.
Year 1 Success:
• Create designs for new features in the Call of Duty Companion app and webview features in-game by collaborating with stakeholders, managers and the engineering team.
• Create prototypes for new features and present to stakeholders to collect feedback and gain buy-in.
• Work with UX designer and engineering team to ensure UI best practices are applied and designs are adhered to.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
• Strong prioritization skills and ability to change focus in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to deliver against multiple projects with minimal oversight.
• Demonstrate proficiency with design tools, such as Figma and Sketch.
• Demonstrate experience developing and communicating UI design guidelines and best practices.
• Bachelor's degree and at least four years experience OR at least six years experience devloping UI designs for software projects.
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's ''100 Best Companies To Work For®,'' ''World's Best Employers,'' as well as ''Most Admired Companies.'' In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.