Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager and you'll be joining our Titles Department at Demonware, based out of our Vancouver office. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Your job will involve planning, designing, and implementing new online services that can handle millions of concurrently connected users. The Titles department collaborates with game studios to meet the changing needs of players with every new game release and major update.
As the Senior Technical Project Manager, you will lead the development and production of key initiatives that power Activision titles. You will own customer relationships and manage stakeholders with different business and technical needs. You will have a level of technical understanding to be able to hold your own in high-level technical conversations, and represent your teams to customers and partners. You will ensure on time delivery at the highest level of excellence. You will be an expert at understanding technical skill sets and appropriately deploying them to progress development. You will own scheduling projects, keeping teams on-task, projecting milestones & deliverables.
• 7+ years PM experience in a similar role
• Expert at technical resource management
• Exposure to complex technical projects involving multiple teams is required
• Strong time management skills with ability to focus on priorities & risk assessment
• Organized self-starter willing to assume responsibility for all aspects of projects under their supervision
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and be able to rework complex project plans at short notice due to changes in scope
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Positive, professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• A willingness and ability to learn is essential
• Ability to coach high performing teams and mentor fellow Project Managers.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies
• Experience with the Atlassian suite of products
Nice to have:
• Scrum Master AND/OR P MP or PRINCE2 qualification
• Experience with OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7o4n-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.