Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our Platform department and work under the Observability team, who's managing terabytes of data we receive from millions of game clients each day. The product you will work on is a monitoring backbone for Demonware services that drive Activision's online video games.
• Working in a cross-functional team to create observability solutions for large scale services.
• Working closely with other teams to understand their challenges and opportunities for improving observability within their services.
• Designing, maintaining and supporting logging, metrics and tracing pipelines.
• Supporting large scale distributed services in production. You will need to ensure service stability and performance.
• Write high quality code that is performant and easy to understand.
• Create and maintain clear documentation for observability libraries and tooling.
• Participate in an on-call support rotation for the Observability team.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience designing and implementing high performance Python libraries and applications
• Experience with managing full release life-cycle of Python libraries
• Experience working with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
• Knowledge of observability, monitoring, networking and security
• Knowledge of database systems (e.g. ELK, Clickhouse, Prometheus)
• Strong communication skills
• Experience building scalable, and highly available distributed systems
• Experience operating Kafka, Zookeeper, Clickhouse, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
• Experience automating operational tasks using Ansible, Puppet
• Experience with application logs, metrics and tracing pipelines
• Experience with deploying applications using kubernetes
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo1yk-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.