Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer and you'll be joining our Titles Department at Demonware, based out of our Vancouver office. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Your job will involve planning, designing, and implementing new online services that can handle millions of concurrently connected users. The Titles department collaborates with game studios to meet the changing needs of players with every new game release and major update.
• Develop custom backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of players all around the world.
• Own, operate and support the services and features you develop.
• Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer player experiences.
• Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
• Provide technical mentorship to other team members through software engineering best practices
• Expertise in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language.
• Experience with databases (ideally MySQL, Cassandra, and Redis).
• Experience with networking technologies (e.g. TCP, UDP, security and scalability).
• Experience delivering within Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good communication and customer facing skills.
Nice to have:
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
• Understanding of large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
• Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Enjoys working with other engineers
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw805n-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.