Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer and you'll be joining our Edge domain within the Game Services department at Demonware. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. The main Edge's mission is to accelerate studios' development and ensure we are ready for new releases of the games. This mainly includes helping the studios design new online features and integrate Demonware services within the game. It also involves the Load test of Demonware services to make sure we can handle the millions of players connecting to our games every day. The Edge domain collaborates with game studios to meet the changing needs of players with every new game release and major update.
• Understanding and improving game engine code and backend integrations.
• Own, operate and support the features you develop.
• Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
• Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
• Provide technical mentorship to other team members through software engineering best practices
• Write technical documentation related to the features our team owns
• Expertise C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
• Understanding of services-oriented architecture
• Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with distributed systems and web technologies
Nice to have:
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
• Experience with game development
• Experience with Python
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents, free games, and perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq560-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.